Have you heard about the Branch loan app? If not then you need to read this article because we have provided you with the necessary details about the Branch loan. In this guide, you will know the branch loan requirements, how to repay the loan, interest rates, steps to apply, promotion code and other important information that relates to the Branch loan app.
- 1 About the Branch Loan Company
- 2 Branch Loan Requirements
- 3 Who Needs the Branch Loan?
- 4 How To Get A Loan From Branch (Branch Loan Application)
- 5 Interest Rate
- 6 Branch Loan Kenya
- 7 How To Repay Branch Loans In Kenya Via Mpesa
- 8 Branch Loan Nigeria
- 9 Branch Loan App
- 10 Branch Loan Promotion Code
- 11 Branch Loan Repayment
- 12 Branch International Head Office
About the Branch Loan Company
Branch is an international fintech company that provides quick loans for people without collateral. Presently, they provide services to people in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, India, the United States of America and Mexico. Also, they are backed with investors and financial corporations such as the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and VISA.
This online loan app has been designed for you to obtain instant loans using your smartphone. Branch International has been designed to provide people with loans within minutes. All you need to do is to get the app and once you finish your loan application, you will receive a loan when your application is approved.
You don’t need to visit any office, or complete paperwork or bring a collateral to get the Branch loan. All you need to do is to download the app (APK) on your Andriod or iOS phone and apply.
Features of Branch Loan App
- You need a smartphone to apply for the loan.
- You get access to higher loans if you have a good credit score.
- Interest Rate is between 14%to 28%.
- It is a convenient, reliable, fast and quick way to get a loan online.
- It is available in India, U.S, Mexico, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania.
- They provide you with a loan within 24 hours.
- They have a working customer support team.
- It is safe and secure.
- You get access to lower and higher loans.
- Flexible payment and repayment terms.
- Fast loan approval.
- Upon approval of your loan application, your loan is paid directly to your bank account.
- No paperwork required.
- It is a non-collateral loan.
Branch Loan Requirements
Just like other loan companies, Branch has its own requirements which it uses to give loans to eligible people. Here are the requirements for branch loan.
1. A Mobile Phone: You need a smartphone to apply to get the loan. With your smartphone, you’ll download the Branch loan app on your app stores (iOs and Google PlayStore platform). It uses the information on your mobile phone to determine if you are eligible for the loan.
2. Bank Account: You must have a valid account with a bank. Branch sends your loan to the account you used in your loan application. Ensure that you use a bank that is compatible with Branch.
3. Bank Verification Number (BVN): Your BVN will be requested during the loan application.
4. Grant Access: You will have to grant Branch permission to access your phone data.
Upon application, your loan request will be calculated with the information on your smartphone (such as your SMS messages) to determine your credit score. You’ve got to maintain a great credit score if you are looking to get a loan from Branch.
Who Needs the Branch Loan?
We need money at one point or the other in our lives, so also, the Branch loan was made for anyone who needs money to solve an emergent financial need. It could be money to buy groceries, pay your medical bills, purchase airtime and data or money to fund a business venture.
In the same vein, Branch serves as a good fast to get quick business loans in Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, United States, India and Mexico. If you need money to start up a business, you can use Branch to get instant loans.
How To Get A Loan From Branch (Branch Loan Application)
You need to pay full attention to this section. Although Branch offers a simple and convenient way to loan money online, still, most people find it difficult to get a loan from Branch. The major reason is that they do not have knowledge of how the entire process works.
Applying for the branch loan is a simple process which can be completed in a matter of minutes. Here is a comprehensive way on how you can apply for the branch loan.
1. Download the Branch App
First and foremost, you need to download the Branch loan app on your phone. Click this link to download the app on your smartphone.
2. Register Your Account
Once the app is successfully installed, launch the app and get started. Ensure that you grant the app permissions to view your data. This is a prerequisite factor that is needed for you to get a loan from Branch.
It is very easy to register for branch loan. What is required for you to do is to enter your details such as your name, bank name, BVN and other information.
3. Apply For The Branch Loan
After you have to register your account on the app and granted permission, the next step to take is to start the branch loan application. When you click on the icon on the left side of the screen, you’ll find a lot of options.
Click on the ‘My Loans’, and you’ll be directed to a page where you will request for the amount you wish to get. Click on it to view your loan offers, select the amount you want and click on ‘Request Loan’.
4. Wait For Approval
After submitting your application, the Branch company will receive it and they will review it. If your application is approved, you’ll get your loan in minutes (if not in minutes, you will get it within the next 3 – 24 hours). You will be alerted when your application is approved. Consequently, the money will be transferred to your bank account immediately.
However, if your application was declined, you will be notified. What you need to do in this case is to apply for a lesser amount and it will be approved. As long as you have a good credit score, you will have access to higher loan amounts.
5 Fill In Your Promotion Code
Not everyone knows this but you Branch actually has a promotional code for loanees. This code gives you an additional bonus (which is free) upon your loan application. The Branch Loan Promotion Code is ‘NWAWUL99C0C’.
Paste this code ‘ NWAWUL99C0C ’ on the Promotions page and you will get a bonus.
The Branch loan interest rate is not a fixed one. It is calculated and influenced by plenty of factors such as your credit score, repayment history and many more. Based on these factors, the rates may vary as follows;
- Loan Terms: 4 Weeks – 15 Months.
- Late / Rollover Fees: None.
- Interest Range: 14% – 28%.
- Equivalent Monthly Interest: 1% – 21%.
- Equivalent APR: 15% – 260%.
Remember that Branch does not just operate in Nigeria only but in other areas as India, Mexico, Kenya, and Tanzania. Therefore, loan rates and fees vary from country to country.
Branch Loan Kenya
- Loan Amounts: Loans are provided from Ksh 250 to Ksh 70,000.
- Repayment Periods: 62 days to 336 days.
- APR: 22% to 240%.
- Example Fees: For instance, a loan of Ksh 10,000 attracts a flat fee of Ksh 2,160. There are no rollover charges, no late fees or origination fees.
In Kenya, the only network that Branch supports is Safaricom. If you are not proficient in the English Language, you can change the language to ‘Kiswahili’. To change the language, go to ‘My Account’, then click on the ‘Edit’ button and hit the ‘Language’ tab, select ‘Kiswahili’ and tap on the ‘Submit’ tab to save.
How To Repay Branch Loans In Kenya Via Mpesa
If you are a Kenyan or you reside in Kenya, you can pay back the Branch loan with these steps. To make a repayment, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to MPesa in the Safaricom menu on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Select Lipa Na M-PESA.
- Step 3: Choose the Paybill option.
- Step 4: Enter the Paybill number ‘998608’.
- Step 5: For account number, fill in your MPesa number where you had previously received your Branch loan.
- Step 6: Enter the repayment amount.
- Step 7: After that, enter your M-PESA pin.
- Step 8:Confirm all the details and ensure that they are correct. Then press ‘OK’.
Branch Loan Nigeria
- Loan Amounts: Loans are provided from ₦1,000 to ₦200,000.
- Repayment Period: 62 days to 280 days.
- APR: 33% to 261%.
- Example Fees: For instance, a loan of ₦40,000 attracts a flat fee of ₦8,800. There are no rollover charges, no late fees or origination fees.
The following financial institutions are supported by Branch International. They are listed as follows;
- Access Bank.
- ALAT by Wema.
- Citibank Nigeria.
- Access (Diamond) Bank.
- Enterprise Bank.
- Fidelity Bank.
- First Bank.
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB).
- GT Bank.
- Heritage Bank.
- Keystone Bank.
- Mainstreet Bank.
- Skye Bank.
- Stanbic IBTC Bank.
- Standard Chartered Bank.
- Sterling Bank.
- Suntrust Bank.
- Union Bank.
- United Bank for Africa (UBA).
- Unity Bank.
- Wema Bank.
- Zenith Bank.
Branch Loan Mexico
- Loan Amounts: Loans are provided from $200 to $20,000.
- Repayment Period: 62 days to 336 days.
- APR: 29% to 487%.
- Example Fees: For instance, a loan of $3,250 attracts a flat fee of $1,250. There are no rollover charges, no late fees or origination fees.
Branch Loan India
- Loan Amounts: Loans are provided from INR 500 to INR 50,000.
- Repayment Period: 62 days to 112 days.
- APR: 49% to 130%.
- Example Fees: For instance, a loan of INR 9,000 attracts a flat fee of INR 1,352. No late fees, rollover charges, or origination fees.
Branch Loan App
Currently, there is no branch loan app for iPhones, Windows or Blackberry devices but you can download it at Google Play Store. At the moment, this online loan app is available for Andriod devices.
Branch Loan Promotion Code
Branch gives you free bonus anytime to use the promotion code. If you are a new user or you just downloaded the app from Google’s PlayStore, use this code ‘NWAWUL99C0C’ as your promotion code.
Branch Loan Repayment
If you are wondering how to repay the branch loan, then you need to use this. It is pertinent for you to know that there are several ways to repay the Branch loans.
We’ve already provided you with information on how to repay branch loan with Mpesa. Here, we’ll provide you with four methods to pay back the loan.
Note that some of these methods attract additional charges while some do not come with any charge at all. It is important that you repay your loans on time to avoid penalties and poor credit score. Therefore, it is important for you to look for a convenient repayment method where you can pay back your loan without a sweat.
Here are some important things to note down when repaying your loan.
- If your payment fails to reflect in the app after 24 hours, do not hesitate to contact the Branch customer care.
- When making your payment, ensure that you use your legal name, which is the name you used to register during your Branch loan application.
- If you will be paying with a 3rd party account (the account of your friend), ensure that the account is not linked to any Branch account.
- Also, include your legal name and bank details which you used in your loan application. Lastly, make sure you send a message across to the Branch customer care after payment for them to confirm your payment fast.
1. Payment with Debit Card
If you have a valid debit card, you can repay your loan with it using the following steps.
- Open the mobile app and click on ‘My Loan’ section.
- Next, click on the ‘Tap to Pay’ button.
- Select the amount you wish to pay and clock on ‘Continue’.
- Choose ‘Debit Card’ from the dropdown menu and enter your card details.
- To enter that you’re the one making the payment, a One-Time-Password (OTP) code will be sent to your mobile phone. Enter that code when you receive it and the payment will be processed.
- Once you are able to do this, your loan payment will successful. Also, you have the option to ask Branch to auto-debit your loans.
Repaying the branch loan using the ‘Debit Card’ option do not attract any fees or extra charges.
2. Repayment with Cash
If you are not able to use the debit card option, you can also pay back with cash by visiting any GT Bank near you. All you need to do is to enter any Guaranty Trust Bank, request for the GTCollections slip. You don’t need to have an account with GTB to pay with this method.
Tell the teller that you wish to pay for the ‘Branch International Financial Services Ltd’ with GTCollections and he/she will put you through.
- Fill in your details on the slip.
- Account name – BRANCH INC.
- Depositor’s Name – Fill in your name, your legal name as it is on your bank account. Also, the name should be your same as you used to register for the branch loan account.
- Depositor’s phone number – Enter your phone number.
- Include your Reference ID.
- Amount – Enter the amount of the loan you wish to pay.
- A signed and stamped copy of your slip will be given to you. This will serve as a receipt for referential purposes.
NOTE: You can get your Reference ID from the Branch App. Also, the bank will charge you ₦100 will apply for this transaction.
3. Payment With GTB USSD
GT Bank account holders can repay their loans using the USSD method. Firstly, go to the ‘My Account; section on the branch loan app and tap ‘Edit’, next to ‘Bank Account’, after that, click on the ‘Tap to Pay’ section. The good news is that this method is free, hence, it doesn’t attract extra charges.
- Go to your Branch app and click on ‘My Loan’.
- The tap the round ‘Tap to Pay’ button.
- Enter the amount you wish to repay.
- Once you’ve made your selection, then hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the ‘Select Repayment Method’ page, select ‘USSD – GT Bank’ as your preferred payment method from the drop-down menu, then tap ‘Continue’.
- Confirm your repayment.
- On the next page, you will find instructions to ‘Complete USSD Payment’.
- Click on the ‘Dial’ button, this will open your phone dialer.
- When this happens, press the ‘dial’ button to dial your unique USSD code. *The GTB USSD code is *737#.
- Once you’ve made your payment, your account will be updated automatically in a matter of a few seconds.
4. Repayment With Bank Account
Alternatively, you have the option of repaying the branch loan form your bank account. Currently, Branch supports the following makes for in-app repayments;
- ALAT by Wema Bank.
- First Bank of Nigeria.
- Sterling Bank.
- United Bank for Africa.
- Zenith Bank.
Therefore, if you have an account with these banks listed above, you can repay your right from the Branch loan app. If your bank is listed above, you have to follow the instructions below:
Tap the ‘My Loan’ from the app. Next, click on the ‘Tap to Pay’ button. Then select the amount you wish to repay and tap on ‘Continue’ when you have made your selection.
On the ‘Select Repayment Method’ page, click on the ‘Bank Account’ option from the drop-down menu when you find it. Choose the ‘Bank Name’ listed on the screen and enter your ‘Bank Account Number’. Once that is done, tap ‘Continue’. For security reasons, some banks may request for your Date of Birth or prompt you to send the security codes to your phone
In order to secure your payment, most banks will request for your Date of Birth or send some security codes to your mobile phone. On your first payment, you may be asked to provide two different security codes. This is don’t for security purposes; you’ll be charged twice.
Your account will be updated automatically in less than a minute (that is if your payment is successful).
Late Loan Repayment
Missing your repayment schedule is a tragedy. It can have a negative impact on your reputation and pay prevent you from getting a loan from Branch as well as getting loans from other financial institutions and lending platforms.
If you are late on your payments and if you fail to repay your loan, you’ll be reported to the National Credit Reference Bureau (CRB). The Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) collects the credit information of businesses, loanees and individuals.
It uses this information and data and gives it to financial institutions, banks, lenders, online loan apps and other lending platforms. This is done to minimize the risk of over-indebtedness.
Once your name and details are submitted to the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), the CRB will block you and restrict you from getting access to loans from other lending platforms.
Consequently, this could affect the chances of getting a job with certain organizations and brands as they may see you as a debtor. In essence, ensure that you repay your loans on or before the scheduled date of repayment. When you do this, you will gain access to higher loan amounts over time.
Branch International Head Office
Branch International is an online loan company that has created a platform for people to get access to quick loans. They have no head office or branches in Nigeria (Lagos), or Nairobi (Kenya).
Customer Care and Contact Number
Currently, Branch doesn’t provide support for phones calls, hence they have no customer care number. However, there is no cause for alarm because you can still contact them with their chat support on the mobile app.
The Branch loan app gives you a realtime 24/7 customer care support. If you have questions, technical issues or queries, you can send them a message on the app. They’ll gladly reply to your messages.
Also, you can contact them by mail based on your location or country using the following email addresses.
- For Kenya – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For India – email@example.com.
- For Mexico – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Nigeria – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the United States – email@example.com.
- For Tanzania – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is all you need to know about the Branch loan company. In your loan application, collect the amount you know that you can be able to repay. Branch International is not like other loan apps that extend its repayment date. If you are looking for ways to get business loans or any type of loan for personal use, Branch is a good way to start.