The UBA Internet Banking service comes with a lot of benefits for customers. Due to this reason, a lot of UBA customers have wondered about how they can register for this service and operate their account without restrictions.
Do you know that you can be able to manage and control your UBA account wherever you are and whenever you want through the UBA internet banking?
In this post, you will find out how to register for UBA Banking as well as how to set it up and use it. By the time you finish reading this post, you should be able to use and enjoy the benefits of the UBA U-Direct Internet Banking.
- 1 About United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- 2 UBA Internet Banking
- 3 Requirements For the UBA Internet Banking
- 3.1 How To Enroll For U-Direct / Register For UBA Internet Banking
- 3.2 1. Self-Enrollment
- 3.3 2. Virtual Enrollment Form
- 3.4 3. Applying at any UBA Branch
- 3.5 Frequently Asked Questions About UBA Internet Banking
- 3.6 Why do I get a notification from UBA that I have exceeded my transaction limit? If this happens, what could have gone wrong and how can I fix it?
- 3.7 I want to enrol for the UBA Internet Service, but I am busy and won’t have time to visit the bank. How Do I register?
- 3.8 How Can I Register for UBA Internet Banking?
- 3.9 Is it possible for me to check my accounts with UBA using a single internet banking log-in ID?
- 3.10 How Can I Reset My Password?
- 3.11 It has been a long time since I used the UBA internet banking services, how can I log in and make use of it again?
- 3.12 I want to know more about UBA’s online banking platform?
- 3.13 Is the UBA Internet Banking Platform Safe and Secure?
- 3.14 Can I use this internet service on my phone?
- 3.15 How Can I access my log-in details after receiving it as a PDF attachment in my mail inbox?
- 3.16 How can I get a token?
- 3.17 Is it Possible for Me To Change My User ID and how often Can I do it?
- 3.18 Conclusion
About United Bank for Africa (UBA)
UBA Bank is an acronym for the ‘United Bank for Africa’. Often times, it is misspelt as ‘United Bank of Africa’. It was founded in 1959 and ever since then, it has remained relevant to the Nigerian banking and finance industry.
Today, UBA is one of the powerful and leading commercial banks in Nigeria. Furthermore, they have a strong network across the African continent.
UBA Bank has branches in over 19 countries in Africa. Also, they have three offices in 3 major cities of the world; London (United Kingdom), Paris (France) and New York (United States of America).
Apart from the provision of excellent banking services, they also offer a strong 24/7 customer support for their customers.
UBA Internet Banking
Why did the United Bank for Africa provide the internet banking service for her customers? The UBA internet banking refers to an online banking service that allows UBA customers to gain access to their accounts at any point in time. This service is also called ‘UBA Direct Nigeria’.
Features of the UBA Internet Banking
Here are some of the features of the UBA internet banking service;
- Quick Self-registration Process: This takes a few minutes (if not seconds) to register for the online banking service.
- Airtime TopUp: You can use the UBA internet banking to purchase airtime for yourself, friends and family members without logging out from your computer system.
- Account Review: You can monitor your account and check your incoming and outgoing financial transactions Check on your account.
- Monetary Transfers: With the UBA internet banking system, you can send money or receive money from anywhere in the world.
- Flight Bookings: Using this platform, you can buy aeroplane tickets directly from your UBA account.
- Bill Payments: Internet banking also allows you to renew your subscriptions as well to pay for utility bills such as waist bill, electricity bills, DSTV/GOTV/StarTimes subscription payments.
- Online Invoice/Receipt: When you make payments online for a service or product, you do not have to stress yourself over getting a receipt. UBA internet banking gives you an online receipt which serves as proof and evidence for doing business online.
- Customization and Personalisation: You can also use this platform to customize and personalize your online banking experience.
- Top-notch Security: Cybercriminals and fraudsters (419) are always on the move to siphon phone people’s money. Several people expose their private and confidential details when doing online transactions. However, with the UBA internet banking, you are assured of safety. Hence, your account is protected with a premium and top-notch security system.
- 24/7 Access: You gain access to use your bank account whenever you want to. There is no restrictions or limitations for you to use your account.
Now that you have gotten sizeable information on the features of the online banking service. Its time to find out the requirements for the UBA internet service.
Requirements For the UBA Internet Banking
Having the following requirements is another way to know if you are qualified for UBA Direct. If you want to gain control, access and manage your UBA account online, you’ll need to have the following set of items;
- An Active account with UBA.
- A device (smartphone, PC or laptop) with access to the Internet.
- A completed web/enrolment form (Not compulsory/Optional).
- Executed Indemnity (this is also optional, but if you want to increase your transaction limit, you’ll need it).
How To Enroll For U-Direct / Register For UBA Internet Banking
There are three major ways you can register for the U-Direct. If you want to register for the UBA online banking, you have them do it through any of the following ways;
- Registering via Virtual Enrollment Form.
- Applying at any UBA branch.
The self-enrollment is the easiest and quickest way to register for UBA Direct (U-Direct). According to UBA, it takes less than a minute (precisely 40 seconds) for you to enrol for it. These are the following steps to register using self-enrollment.
- Step 1: Visit the UBA login page on any internet-enabled device (ibank.ubagroup.com).
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Instant Self-Registration’ button.
- Step 3: Fill in the form that is shown in a new window. When you do that, you should be able to make use of your account instantly.
When these steps are completed, you’ll receive an SMS message from the United Bank for Africa. This message comes with an OTP code (One Time Password). With this key, you should be able to unlock the opportunity of using the UBA online service.
2. Virtual Enrollment Form
The Virtual enrollment form is a bit complicated. It is not as quick or as simple as the self-enrollment method. As an individual, if you want to get access to your bank account online, you’ll be required to fill the U-Direct Virtual Channel Enrolment Form.
If you run a brand, business enterprise or a corporate organization, it is pertinent to know that UBA has provided an Internet Virtual Channel Enrolment Form for you. You can find both forms on the UBA website.
3. Applying at any UBA Branch
The last method for you to enrol for the UBA online banking is by applying at a UBA branch near you. This option is reserved for those who prefer to visit the bank and have a physical or face-to-face catch-up with the bank’s officials.
When you visit the bank, request for the UBA internet banking application form. Upon your request, you will be provided with an application form to fill.
When you fill this form, you’ll be registered and enrolled for the UBA Internet Banking service. Corporate clients and organizations can visit the closest UBA bank and register their staff, workers or employees under the corporate account.
Frequently Asked Questions About UBA Internet Banking
Here are answers to some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) which concerns the UBA internet banking services.
Why do I get a notification from UBA that I have exceeded my transaction limit? If this happens, what could have gone wrong and how can I fix it?
You should seek to find out what limit is applicable to you. To solve this, visit any UBA Business Office near you and give instruction to the officials and Execute Indemnity so that you can enjoy higher transaction limits on your account.
I want to enrol for the UBA Internet Service, but I am busy and won’t have time to visit the bank. How Do I register?
You can still enrol for the U-Direct even if you have no time to visit the bank or if you are not present in the country.
All you need to do is to find an internet-enabled device (a laptop or PC will be convenient), download the form and enrol. It is important for you to note that you’ll need the latest version of the Adobe Reader installed on your PC or laptop.
Also, you will have an image of a valid means of identification for your application. At the end of your application, you can submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Can I Register for UBA Internet Banking?
Just as mentioned in this article. There are three ways you can use to enrol for UBA online banking. They are;
- Quick Self-Registration: This can be done using your debit card. It takes less than a minute to enrol for the UBA internet banking using the ‘Instant self-enrollment method’. The registration process can be done on the UBA Internet Banking login page at www.ibank.ubagroup.com.
- Virtual Enrollment Form: Although the Virtual Enrollment Form is a little complex than the instant self-enrollment method, it is a way to enrol for the UBA internet banking services. Individuals and corporate clients can enrol using interactive online PDF forms. Importantly, there is the U-Direct Virtual Channel Enrollment Form for individuals and there is the Internet Virtual Enrollment Form for corporate users.
- Enrollment at a UBA Branch: Lastly, you need to visit a UBA branch to fill a form that enrols you in the UBA internet banking platform. If you are a corporate client or customer, you have the option to give instructions on the letterhead to the branch manager to enrol your chosen users. There is no restriction or limitation on the number of users you would want to enrol as a corporate user.
Is it possible for me to check my accounts with UBA using a single internet banking log-in ID?
When you register for UBA’s internet banking service, you will be given the option to specify which accounts you would like to access over the internet. When you do this, you will be able to get access to all of them using a single user ID.
How Can I Reset My Password?
To reset your password, visit the internet banking homepage. After that, click on the ‘forgot password’ button. On the next page, you’ll be prompted to enter your online banking USER ID, then submit.
When you do this, you’ll see a security question on your screen. Next, provide an answer to this question.
When you do that, a new password would be generated and sent to your registered email address automatically.
It has been a long time since I used the UBA internet banking services, how can I log in and make use of it again?
Getting access to your UBA internet banking dashboard is an easy task. All that is required of you to do is to click on ‘forgot user’ to retrieve your user ID. After that, click on the ‘forgot password’ button to retrieve your password.
I want to know more about UBA’s online banking platform?
This post has provided you with everything you need to know about UBA internet banking platform. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to send a mail to email@example.com
Is the UBA Internet Banking Platform Safe and Secure?
Surely, the UBA internet banking platform is very secure and safe. Remember that the bank has a premium and top-notch security system. They provide a 2-level authentication (password + token) anytime you transact on the platform.
Again, there a virtual keyboard can be used on public spaces and open networks. This is another security system that prevents key loggers from capturing your details.
Furthermore, the internet banking platform keeps you protected using best-in-class security technology. If you need further assistance and help in protecting your profile and details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure that you do not click on any suspicious link or share your credentials with anyone. Not even the bank officials nor its staff will request for your PIN or credentials.
Can I use this internet service on my phone?
Certainly, you can use the UBA internet platform by downloading the UBA mobile app on your mobile phone. The UBA mobile app is available for download on the Google Play Store.
How Can I access my log-in details after receiving it as a PDF attachment in my mail inbox?
In Nigeria, all accounts on the NUBAN system uses 10 digits. Also, your login details can be found in the PDF file attached to the email message which was sent to you.
THE PDF attachment has been pass-coded using the last seven (7) digits of your 10-digit account number with UBA bank. Usually, a hint with the last 3 digits of the account is included in the body of the mail message.
How can I get a token?
The token can be obtained at any UBA bank branch. In addition, a U-Token is available in app stores for download and they are instantly activated for your transactions.
Is it Possible for Me To Change My User ID and how often Can I do it?
Certainly, you can change your User ID. This can be done when you click on the ‘Personal Profile’ menu, then you select on ‘Update User ID’ to customize or personalize your User ID.
This is all we can provide concerning the UBA online banking. As time goes, we’ll continue to update the content if there is a need for that. We hope that this article has provided you with useful information about the UBA internet banking service.